THE BAILLE TOURIBLE HEALTH CLINIC
KANPE has partnered with Zanmi Lasante (Partners in Health) to support access to healthcare by eliminating financial barriers in vulnerable communities. In 2011, we set up a clinic in Baille Tourible. Before that, the nearest clinic was 6 hours away on foot. This clinic serves more than 10,000 inhabitants for free.
In addition to basic healthcare, the clinic:
- Treats children suffering from acute and moderate malnutrition; in 2015, 162 treatments were given monthly to malnourished children,
- Treats cholera cases; in 2015, only 42 cases of cholera required treatment, compared to 298 in 2013 and 209 in 2014,
- Conducts malaria screenings; in 2015, 1,200 tests were performed,
- Supports and cares for pregnant and nursing women; in 2015 99 consultations per month were provided,
- Educates women on the subject of family planning,
- Offers health education and training for personal hygiene, environmental hygiene, childcare and HIV/STD/STI education,
- Supplies patients free medical exams and basic essential medication.